Barre Employment Consultant, Full Time (exp 11/26/17)
Brattleboro Employment Consultant, Full Time (exp 11/22/17)
Burlington Employment Consultant, Full Time (exp 12/08/17)
Springfield Employment Consultant, Full Time (exp 11/29/17)
You can also check all of our employment opportunities on our CareerBuilder page. please attach current resume and cover letter to any job you apply to.
See scroll below for All job descriptions (not all descriptions have open positions available. see list above for current openings) *under review currently- check back for update.
* Please attach a current resume to all online applications
The VABIR Employment Consultant (EC) is responsible for job search activities, employer outreach, and services to job seekers with disability, social, economic and/or other barriers to employment. The EC performs work in offices and communities where VABIR employment services are provided.
The position collaborates and works locally as a team with other VABIR EC’s and staff from partner organizations. The position informs and consults with the Supervisory EC and/or Program Manager related to customer, partner, job seeker and business needs or concerns as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement VABIR’s vision and mission
- Maintain a caseload to provide job search and preparation activities to job seekers including retention and follow up services
- Outreach to employers to understand labor market needs, job openings and employer hiring practices
- Understand the needs of employers and job seekers for effective job match
- Effectively utilizes job search and placement tools and resources to assist job seekers with their employment goals (progressive employment, community service placements, group activities, etc.)
- Assist in development of job seeker resumes, interviewing and job seeking skills
- Collaborate with referral source to coordinate job placement supports (job coaches, interpreters, readers, etc.) as needed
- Collaborate with local EC and Creative Workforce Solutions (CWS) team members related to job search activities
- Serves as liaison with State of Vermont and/or other organizations
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with team members, partners, job seekers and employers
- Maintains a professional appearance as a representative of VABIR with partners, businesses and as a model to job seekers
- Maintain accessibility and effective communication with partners, job seekers and employers
- Maintain accountability to local office teams and job seekers related to work activities, schedules and work assignments
- Documents job seeker work activities and provides timely case notes to referral sources
- Meets with referral source to review shared cases a minimum of 1 time per month
- Implements best practices in caseload management and service delivery
- Timely data entry in Client Tracking Tool (CTT) and Salesforce
- Accountable for EC performance measures and outcomes
- Participates in continuous improvement activities in local office and VABIR
- Participate in staff, CWS and other meetings as appropriate
- May attend business functions and meetings sponsored by local business organizations
- Other duties as required
Duties are performed in an office setting and local communities where contracted services are provided. Reliable transportation needed to perform essential functions of the position. Travel required for employer outreach, attend meetings and to respond to customer needs. Some work outside of the normal work schedule may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in a human service or business related field preferred. Associates degree or certification with 2 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Creativity and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to elicit trust and listen effectively
- Ability to work with a diverse population of job seekers and staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to understand personnel policies, e.g. workplace harassment, conflict of interest.
- Knowledge of issues confronting the employment of people with disabilities and other diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Working knowledge of ADA
- Open, direct, honest and clear communication style with ability to exercise discretion and tact.
- Flexibility with openness to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variations in work environments
- Take initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Proponent of continuous improvement and strategic thinking
- Values include holistic orientation, excellent customer service, strengths-based outlook and results oriented
- Ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback
- Works effectively as a team
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.